This has definitely been an interesting month. The Covid-19 virus has shut down everything including family parties, neighborhood Easter egg hunts and all other fun activities. What can you now do with your family while you are spending every second together? My usually super busy friend posted that as she turned her calendar over to April, she realized that it was empty just like the tomb and that her family could spend all of that extra time this focusing on the Savior. I love that idea! What a great way to turn our hearts to the Savior during this week preparing for Easter and to allow His presence into your home.
Easter Week Activities.
There are a lot of fun activities you can do to learn more about different parts of this holy Easter week. Pick a few to do with your family during this special week.
- A scripture for each day and a simple explanation of what happened each day. Here or Here or Here or Here or Here.
- Easter Footsteps- a cute printable map of Jerusalem and places Jesus went the last week of His life. Here.
- Seven Days until Easter printable scriptures with coloring page of Jesus. Here or Here.
- Printable story of Easter. Here or Here.
- Read a scripture, sing a song and cut out a picture of Jesus. Here.
- Printable Picturing Easter Puzzle with scriptures to read on back of pieces. Here.
- Holy Week Day by Day with activities and videos. Here.
- 12 eggs of Easter. Hide 12 eggs and have the kids find them and read what’s inside. There is a scripture and small item in each egg. Here.
- Diy Easter Lillies craft. Here.
- Easter Tree. Hang eggs filled with things you love about Jesus or things you are grateful for. Here.
- Printable Easter story paper dolls. Here.
- The Passover Supper-explanations of different parts. Here.
- 13 Images from Easter Week for older kids. Here.
- The Savior’s Last Week for older kids. Here.
- Come, Follow Me Easter Lesson Here and Here.
Turn the focus of Easter this year to Jesus Christ. This added focus will add so much peace and happiness into your home regardless of all the other horrible things going on in the world. Plan some spiritual activities for this Easter.
- He is Risen family night lesson. Here.
- Why We Rejoice-an Easter program to act out. Here.
- Sing hymns about Jesus. Some of my favorites are Gethsemane, I Wonder When He comes Again.
- Watch Easter Music Videos. There are a lot of great ones. Some of my favorites: Claire Crosby’s Gethsemane Here, Peace in Christ Here, He is Risen Here, Hear Him video Here, If the Savior Stood Beside Me Here, David Archuleta Go and Do Here, I Stand All Amazed Here, and Savior Redeemer of My Soul Here.
- Printable Picture of Jesus with the children. Here.
- Coloring page of Mary at the tomb. Here.
- Make Resurrection Rolls. Recipe Here.
- Coloring page of Jesus. Here.
- Watch Easter Videos. Here is a playlist.
- Simple Dot-to-Dot of Mary at the tomb. Here.
- Color by number of the tomb. Here.
- Coloring page of girl looking at Jesus. Here.
- Read a talk about the Savior. Like this one Here.
- Put Rocks in Easter baskets to represent sins. Then replace with gifts and put rocks in Savior’s basket. Here.
Find other ways to Hear Him in your life.
Putting added focus on the Savior this week will bring your family added peace in these difficult times. I would encourage you to seek other ways to hear the Savior in your life. Here are some things that will help you draw closer to the Savior and feel true peace.
- Read the scriptures. There is so much peace in His words.
- Prayer is a fantastic way to feel His love. Family prayer also helps us draw closer as a family.
- Spend quality time together as a family. Sit down and eat together, go for walks together, and play games together. Drawing closer to your family helps you draw closer to the Savior.
- Service together as a family or for your family always helps us feel closer to Him. How can you serve while stuck at home? Call or text loved ones and friends. Check in on neighbors. Doorbell ditch treats or heart attack someone’s door. Send a card. Donate food to the food bank.
- Unplug. Sometimes we just need a break from all the news and heartache in the world. Turn to Him instead for true answers.
- Other ways to Hear Him HERE.
- Try some new Easter traditions. Here.
What new traditions will you make this year? Focusing your week on the Savior will bring you greater peace and lasting joy! Do you have a favorite Christ-Centered Easter Tradition not listed above? I’d love to hear about it!